Presentation Skills for Women Lawyers
8:30 am - 5:00 pmLocation:
Four Seasons Hotel, 1111 Fourteenth St., Denver, CO 80202 Sponsored By:
Colorado Law Institute CLE International Speaker: Miko Ando BrownPhone:
303.244.1877Email: email@example.com Speaker: Kendra N. BeckwithPhone:
In this day-long interactive seminar, Lisa DeCaro, co-founder of Courtroom Performance, will discuss:
- The actor's secret – How to look confident and engaging, no matter what you're feeling, no matter what the situation, no matter who your audience.
- Ethics – Does gender discrimination play a role, and what does it mean for women lawyers and their clients?
- Setting the tone – How your vocal inflection affects and persuades your listener.
- How your physical presence affects your legal arguments – Using your body language to persuade.
- Controlling the visual focus of the room – How to focus your audience's attention and how to build relationships with clients, partners, witnesses, adversaries, judges, and jurors.
- Understanding relationships in the courtroom – How to direct the scene and build positive connections with your listeners.
- Storytelling skills for women lawyers – Secrets of Hollywood's screenwriters revealed.
Guest speakers, WTO's Miko Brown and Kendra Beckwith, will present a special segment from the perspective of a female trial lawyer in a not-so-female-friendly world and share the practical applications of theatrical training for a trial lawyer.
Click here for more information and to register for this CLE-accredited seminar.