Preventing Legal Malpractice
Noon - 1:30 p.m.Location:
Moye White LLP, 1400 16th Street, 6th Floor, Denver, 80202 Sponsored By:
Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell LLP Speaker: Carolyn J. FairlessPhone:
303.244.1852Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Speaker: Michael L. O'DonnellPhone:
Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell attorneys Michael O'Donnell, Carolyn Fairless, and Nancy Cohen will cover in detail the potential for legal malpractice and grievance claims and how to avoid them. They will address the following topics in their presentation and in the materials:
· What is legal malpractice and how likely is a claim?
· What are the underwriters' greatest concerns?
· Preventative maintenance
· Advertising – beyond billboards and television
· Non-engagement letters
· Proper client intake
· Screening the potential client
· Client communication
· Ending the engagement
· Top 10 ways to avoid a malpractice claim
· Top 10 ways to avoid a grievance
This seminar has been accredited for two general credits by the Colorado Board of Continuing Legal & Judicial Education.
Attendance is free.