In multiple years, Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell has been rated one of the Best Places to Work in Denver in a survey of employees conducted by the Denver Business Journal. In 2016, WTO was listed among the top two best places to work in the extra-large company category, and was the top-ranked law firm across all size categories. In 2008, 2010, and 2012 WTO was ranked the #1 best place to work in Denver by size. The firm appeared on the Best Places to Work list every year from 2004-2012 and 2015. The DBJ suspended the survey after 2012, and 2015 marked the return of the Best Places to Work contest.
Recognized for our collegial atmosphere, community-mindedness, and high standards of excellence, WTO is a desirable place to work. Here's why.
- Experienced paralegals are entrusted with significant case management responsibilities and work as an integral part of our trial teams.
- Entry-level paralegals, an excellent starting position, provide important support to the trial team in efficient and cost-effective management of cases.
- Legal secretaries have mastered the Microsoft Office suite and other specialized software programs to efficiently and cooperatively support attorneys and paralegals in trial-team efforts.
- Administrative staff have significant responsibility for supporting the legal teams and making sure the firm runs efficiently and effectively.
The firm pays competitive wages and offers an excellent benefits package, including:
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for daycare, medical, and other reimbursable expenses;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- A 25% contribution for public transportation and pre-tax withholding for transportation expenses;
- Eighteen paid personal days and seven paid holidays per year;
- A 6% employer-paid contribution to the firm's 401(k) plan and eligibility for voluntary contributions to the plan, both at the commencement of employment;
- Employer contribution to health savings account of $300-$600 per year;
- Wellness benefit of $350 per year; and
- Employee assistance program.
Wheeler Trigg O’Donnell is looking for a Medical Paralegal with litigation experience combined with 8+ years working in the medical profession as an RN, PA, or MD. The position focuses entirely on the medical aspect of cases and not on the day to day case management. We would consider candidates with very strong medical experience seeking a career change that capitalizes on their years of education and experience, but might lack experience in litigation.
• Review, analyze and summarize detailed and highly complex medical records
• Conduct computerized medical, scientific, and technical research and analyze results to prepare a synopsis
• Ability to manage information through various firm databases
• Assist attorneys in preparation for meetings, hearings, depositions and trials
• Interact with all parties, counsel, medical providers and vendors, and respond to any corresponding inquiry
• Candidate must have 8+ years of strong clinical experience, ICU experience is desired
• RN, PA, or MD degree is a must, and law firm experience is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to work 40 hours in the office, and overtime in times of need
To apply for this position click HERE.
We are always eager to talk to talented and dedicated legal specialists who are looking for a challenging, yet welcoming environment. If you have questions about your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address all correspondence to Liz Martinez, Human Resources Manager.