Alex R. Bransford
Bar and Court Admissions
Alex Bransford represents clients in challenging commercial litigation nationwide. Prior to joining WTO, he served clerkships in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas. While in law school, Alex participated in the Capital Punishment Clinic where he assisted with two death penalty cases, including one that involved a successful Batson challenge at the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Representing a brewing company in multiple investigations regarding trade and marketing practices.
- Representing a wireless network provider in a breach of contract case involving a lease dispute.
- Representing a logistics and shipping company in a criminal investigation related to employees.
- Representing private equity investor in arbitration dispute between limited and general partner.
- Representing an international polo player in a breach of contract case involving a dispute over cloned horses.
- Representing a major North American resort owner and operator in multiple consumer class actions seeking refunds following the company's closure of its ski resorts during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
"Mental Health and the Legal Profession,"Co-Presenter with, the Honorable Bernice Donald, (November 6, 2020).
"Widening the Lens, Sharpening the Focus: Mental Health and the Legal Profession," 89 Fordham Law Review, (January 2021).
Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr LLP,
English Teaching Grant, Bulgaria
Teach for America,
Corps Member, Las Vegas, Nevada 2013-2015
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
LGBT Bar Association of Colorado
LGBT Bar Association of New York
Hiking, triathlons, walking his Bulgarian rescue cat