Bar and Court Admissions
Charles "Charley" Gibson represents sophisticated clients in complex commercial litigation and legal professional liability matters nationwide. Prior to joining WTO, he served a clerkship in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit. While in law school, Charley participated in an environmental law clinic, where he gained hands-on experience preparing testimony and discovery requests. He also assisted with intellectual property litigation as a summer associate at a Los Angeles law firm.
- Won a Tenth Circuit appeal affirming WTO's trial victory for a pro bono client who brought claims involving violations of international kidnapping protections under the Hague Convention. The appeal affirmed the trial court's decision to order the child back to her home country.
- Representing a client in her efforts to secure the return of her child under the Hague Convention on International Child Abduction. Conducted an emergency hearing in federal district court and will be principal attorney on the appeal.
- Representing a large national law firm in various legal professional liability matters. Drafted dispositive motions and directly advised the client.
- Representing a national healthcare organization in serial litigation. Conducted an investigation in support of discovery efforts and drafted motions.
- Representing an international client in a complex contract matter in federal court involving cutting-edge issues. Tasked with leading the effort to draft dispositive motion and briefing.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
"Reexamining the Government's Interest in Border Searches of Digital Devices," The University of Chicago Law Review Online, (January 2020).
Irell & Manella, LLP,
Good Hope Support Organization,
Teacher and Director of Operations, Tanzania
Sports, books, and spending time with his family