Bar and Court Admissions
Camille Papini-Chapla's legal practice focuses on complex commercial litigation at both the trial and appellate levels. Her experience includes class action litigation, breach of contract claims, and franchise issues. Camille also defends clients against medical malpractice and product liability lawsuits.
Prior to joining Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell in 2014, Camille served as a judicial law clerk to The Honorable Carolyn King of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit in Houston and The Honorable William Lynch of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico. As a clerk, Camille developed considerable experience reviewing civil rights lawsuits, including discrimination claims, Section 1983 cases, and matters involving alleged violations of the First, Fourth, and Eighth Amendments.
- Wyoming v. U.S. Envtl Prot. Agency, 875 F.3d 505, 509 (10th Cir. 2017) - Submitted an amicus brief for a Wyoming client in a Tenth Circuit appeal involving the boundaries of a Native American reservation. The issue involved potential expansion of tribal court jurisdiction over hundreds of businesses and thousands of residents outside the reservation. In its opinion, the Court agreed with WTO's client.
- Obtained dismissal for an Ohio hospital in a medical malpractice action. WTO lawyers, with co-counsel from Ohio, successfully challenged the plaintiff's unscientific and unsupported theory that cranial compression from the normal birth process can cause brain damage. Plaintiff voluntarily dismissed the case during a Daubert hearing after examination of only two of plaintiff's seven scheduled experts.
- Representing a leading insurance company in related class action litigations in Washington involving issues of policy interpretation and complex discovery. WTO's response to the plaintiffs' motion for summary judgment resulted in a settlement agreement, which is pending court review.
- Defending a hospital client in ongoing tribal court litigation in Wyoming involving allegations of medical malpractice by emergency department physicians and nursing staff.
- Successfully represented franchisor Comfort Dental Group in a dispute in which a subfranchisor challenged the legality of the underlying business model. WTO also squashed follow-on litigation involving a complex lease dispute.
- Drafted a winning motion to dismiss in consumer class action litigation for Whirlpool resulting in exclusion of claims and plaintiffs in 42 states.
- Representing Pfizer in ongoing litigation concerning hormone replacement medications.
- Represented a healthcare organization in a breach of contract dispute involving a purchase agreement with another healthcare organization. WTO obtained an extremely favorable settlement for our client.
- Handled multiple insurance bad faith cases in state and federal courts in Colorado.
- Represented Pfizer in a diet drug case in Colorado. Camille assisted in pretrial preparation and motions practice, including drafting jury instructions and assisting with Rule 703 motions that resulted in exclusion of several opinions proffered by plaintiffs' experts.
- Represented Boston Scientific in multiple cases in pelvic mesh MDL. Camille drafted motions for summary judgment, Rule 703 motions, and motions in limine.
- Represented a New Mexico hospital in high-exposure litigation brought by 18 plaintiffs alleging negligence, negligent credentialing, fraud, and conspiracy related to pacemaker and implanted defibrillator procedures.
- Represented a Los Angeles surgery center against claims of negligent credentialing and negligence by its nursing staff. Camille worked with physician-experts from UC San Diego, UCLA, USC, and other nationally recognized medical centers and conducted the medical research in preparation to depose the plaintiff's experts. The case settled favorably before trial.
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati PC
Summer Associate, 2010
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Colorado Rising Stars
Personal Injury - Products Defense, 2018-2020
The Best Lawyers in America
Ones to Watch - Commercial Litigation, 2021
Ones to Watch - Product Liability Litigation, 2021
Colorado Bar Association
Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
LGBT Bar Association
Community Memberships, Activities, and Honors