Bar and Court Admissions
Linda Knight has built a national practice representing insurers and their insureds in complex litigation in federal and state courts. She brings exceptional creativity to bear for clients when reading juries and judges in diverse jurisdictions.
Linda represents insurance companies in first- and third-party litigation. She has particular experience defending insureds in catastrophic loss cases when the stakes are high. Linda also defends insurers against bad faith and coverage claims, including extra-contractual liability. She has served clients as national trial counsel in federal and state courts in 17 states.
- Won a significant victory before the U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation for an insurance company facing an attempt to centralize all federal COVID-19 business-interruption insurance cases.
- Represented various insureds in high-exposure jury trials in several cases around the country, including five trials in five different states in recent years.
- Represents numerous insurance companies in high-exposure bad faith cases in Colorado.
- Won complete affirmance in the Tenth Circuit of summary judgment in favor of an insurance company resulting in dismissal of breach of contract and bad faith claims.
- Successfully settled multiple cases with exposure in the hundreds of millions of dollars, including some on a "walk-away" basis.
- Obtained extremely favorable mid-trial settlement for a renowned boutique hotel in a multimillion-dollar catastrophic injury lawsuit.
- Won a defense verdict in a bench trial in Colorado involving a real estate dispute.
- Represented a manufacturer of electronic devices in product liability litigation in Florida.
- Negotiated favorable settlement during trial for a racetrack operator in a catastrophic case in Virginia involving permanent injuries to a minor.
- Obtained favorable settlement of bad faith claims on the eve of trial for an international insurance company related to a denial of coverage on a construction policy.
- Negotiated very favorable settlement for an Arizona restaurant facing multimillion-dollar catastrophic injury claims under dram shop liability laws.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a construction company in a trucking wrongful death lawsuit in Georgia.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
"Trial Examination & Presentation: Tips from the Pros," presented at the 1st Annual Colorado Litigators' Summit, co-sponsored by the Litigation Section of the Colorado Bar Association (October 26, 2018).
"Defending Against Reptile Theory in Depositions," presented to in-house counsel and adjusters at USAA (September 12, 2018).
"Strategic Litigation," two-day seminar presented at Great American Insurance Company Claims College (September 2015).
"Strategic Mediation," presented at Great American Insurance Company Claims College (September 2014).
Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP, Of Counsel
Taylor Anderson LLP, Associate
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Colorado Rising Stars
Insurance Coverage, 2020
Personal Injury - General Defense, 2013-2019
Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
Membership State Representative - Colorado, 2020-2021
Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
Trial Law Institute
Diversity Law Institute
Travel, time with family, and cooking