Bar and Court Admissions
Robert McLeod represents clients in complex product and professional liability matters. His experience includes drafting and arguing motions, taking depositions, and handling discovery in cases in the healthcare, pharmaceutical, and medical device industries. Prior to joining WTO, Robert served as an associate in the Nashville office of an AmLaw 200 firm where he co-authored an amicus brief to the Tennessee Supreme Court.
- Drafted and argued a winning motion to dismiss a healthcare liability complaint for failure to comply with the pre-suit notice and certificate of good faith requirements of the Tennessee Health Care Liability Act. The case was ultimately dismissed with prejudice.
- State of Tennessee vs. Tyshon Booker (Tenn.) - Co-authored an amicus curiae brief to the Tennessee Supreme Court in a case that challenged sentencing for minors convicted of homicide
- Drafted a mediation brief in a high-profile wrongful death matter.
- Drafted an application to the Tennessee Supreme Court for permission to appeal in a case involving a surgeon who allegedly implanted a medical device in the wrong location 20 years before the plaintiff filed the complaint.
- Won dismissal for a medical device manufacturer in two product liability cases in both state and federal court.
Butler Snow LLP
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
American Bar Association
Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
Defense Research Institute
Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee, Legal Clinic Volunteer
Tennessee Bar Association
Davidson County Bar Association
Community Memberships, Activities, and Honors
AmeriCorps Member, Communities in Schools of Central Texas
Playing guitar, Arsenal Football Club, and reading