Bar and Court Admissions
Shawn Neal helps clients litigate product liability and complex commercial disputes at the trial and appellate levels. She has served on three trial teams and second-chaired an arbitration. Shawn has also developed valuable experience examining witnesses at trial, arguing dispositive motions, serving as lead counsel on various matters, and taking and defending depositions.
Shawn's trial experience includes examining and cross-examining witnesses, handling expert development and witness preparation, and arguing numerous pre-trial and trial motions. She has also developed valuable experience arguing dispositive motions, developing expert witnesses, and taking and defending depositions. In addition, Shawn has served as lead counsel on numerous matters.
Prior to joining WTO, Shawn worked as a law clerk to The Honorable John R. Webb on the Colorado Court of Appeals. Before attending law school, Shawn dedicated eight years to a career in education and youth development, including teaching first grade.
- Represents hospitals in medical malpractice lawsuits.
- Won an arbitration award for a lawyer and law firm against malpractice claims related to a 2014 real estate deal. Claimants asserted damages of $3 million plus interest. The arbiter ruled for WTO's client and found that no malpractice occurred.
- Served on a trial team for an investment company in a breach of contract dispute.
- Serve as lead counsel to an automobile manufacturer in a personal injury matter.
- Represent Skyjack Inc. as national trial counsel in product liability cases involving aerial lift and boom equipment.
- Representing the manufacturer of a medical device as national trial counsel in product liability cases.
- SFK v. Isuzu (2016) - Represented Isuzu in a seven-day jury trial in federal court involving a dealer's claim for wrongful termination, declaratory judgment, breach of contract, and claims of violations under South Dakota statute regarding warranty reimbursement and parts mark-up rates.
- Served as lead counsel to beverage distributor in a personal injury matter.
- Defended a natural gas gathering company in a five-day bench trial in federal court involving a breach of contract dispute against a natural gas production company.
- Defended a large utility company in a wrongful death suit in which the plaintiffs alleged almost $3.5 million in damages. Minutes before the summary judgment hearing, and less than two weeks before trial, the plaintiffs voluntarily dismissed WTO's client from the lawsuit.
Youth Development Supervisor for the City of Aurora, Colorado
No Child Left Behind Specialist, University of South Florida
Hillsborough County Schools, Elementary Teacher
Community Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Colorado Rising Stars
Civil Litigation Defense, 2020
Doyle Inn of Court
Colorado Bar Association
Colorado Women's Bar Association
Running, Professional Association of Dive Instructors Certified Divemaster