U.S. Navy Ship and Shipyard Asbestos Cases at National Asbestos Litigation Conference
Four Seasons Hotel, San Francisco
Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell partner John Fitzpatrick will speak at Perrin's Asbestos Litigation Conference on September 13 at 1:30 p.m. He will co-present on U.S. Navy ship and shipyard asbestos cases. The topics to be covered include:
- Location, location, location – where are the maritime cases currently being tried?
- Strengths and weaknesses of maritime law as a choice of law issue
- Ship and shipyard exposure: the expanding pool of sites, claimants and defendants
- Warnings - What difference would it have made given Navy knowledge?
- Sophisticated user and learned intermediary - Who knew more than the Navy?
- Removal issues – federal enclave and federal officer jurisdiction- MDL return of cases
- Top Gun – information you need to know about the top naval plaintiff and defense experts
- Update: Duty to Warn Regarding Component Parts
For more information on the three-day conference and to register, click here.
All in-house counsel and insurance professionals complimentary. Registration fee of $1300 includes private website access to course materials, continental breakfast, lunches, refreshment breaks and networking receptions. CLE Credit is pending in most states: 15-18 credits, depending on state requirements. For more information, email Lynnsey Perrin or Julie Steward.