"Some of the best trial lawyers and professional malpractice lawyers in the country."
- Client comment to U.S. News - Best Lawyers
In trial after trial, Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell lawyers vigorously defend the reputations and practices of professionals and organizations against claims of negligence, malpractice, and liability. Our teams excel when the stakes are high and underlying facts are complex.
We have particular experience with class actions and mass tort cases involving multimillion-dollar damage claims, including punitive or exemplary damages. Our lawyers are also well versed in defending against civil litigation claims stemming from criminal cases.
WTO is often retained on the eve of trial to rehabilitate and try difficult cases, especially in plaintiff-friendly jurisdictions. We also help clients handle and respond to critical incidents, media requests, early case resolution, related litigation, and coordinating or supervising local or special counsel.
WTO has successfully defended the following types of clients:
- Hospitals and healthcare facilities, including long-term, nursing, and mental health facilities; physicians and other care providers; and healthcare executives and administrators;
- Law firms, lawyers, and other legal professionals;
- Sports organizations and professionals;
- Accountants and accounting firms;
- Bankers, securities broker-dealers, and financial institutions;
- Construction contractors, architects, engineers, and related firms; and
- Insurance brokers, agents, and carriers.
We also routinely work with insurance companies to protect their insured professionals. Representative insurance company clients include ACE, ALAS, CNA, Coregis, Medical Protective, Premier, Shand Morahan, Universal Health Services, and Westport.
Please see the firm's medical malpractice and legal malpractice descriptions for detailed experience within those areas.