Association of Corporate Counsel Litigation Section CLE Session: Depositions of the Corporate Representative "What You Need To Know"
Enjoy a light buffet/cocktails and networking from 5:45-6:15 p.m. followed by a CLE presentation in the Republic Plaza offices of Denver-based civil litigation firm Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell, ACC Colorado's Litigation Committee sponsor for 2012. In this 50-minute presentation, Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell attorneys Terence Ridley and Gwen Young along with attorney Diane M. Blieszner of Encana Oil & Gas (USA) Inc. will discuss the daunting challenge of 30(b)(6) deposition preparation.
Topics to be covered include:
- The Rule: 30(b)(6)
- Scrutiny of the 30(b)(6) deposition notice topics
- Meet-and-confer opportunities to narrow notice topics
- Selecting the 30(b)(6) witness(es)
- Preparing for the deposition
- Attorney-client privilege and work product issues
- The impact on your case of the corporate witness' testimony
- Objections at the deposition
* Complimentary parking available in Sheraton Downtown Denver Hotel Garage (enter on 15th between Colfax/Cleveland & Court.)
firstname.lastname@example.org by October 20, 2012
CLE accredited for one (1) general credit.
Terence Ridley focuses his practice on civil litigation, with an emphasis on the defense of class actions, personal injury, employment, and environmental matters. He has defended numerous bad-faith claims made against insurance companies, resolved multimillion-dollar bad-faith life insurance class actions, and defeated numerous attempts to certify class actions against insurance companies.
Gwen Young is a member of the Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell team that handles dealer-related commercial disputes for major domestic automobile manufacturers. Before joining WTO, she headed her firm's discovery team in its role as co-national counsel for an auto manufacturer's pattern rollover litigation. Ms. Young's practice areas include civil business litigation and franchise litigation. Her trial court and appellate litigation experience includes securities fraud, contract, business torts, franchise law, and other business litigation matters.