Doyle Inn of Court: How to Navigate Private Practice
How to Navigate Private Practice-What You Need to Know
Join this session sponsored by Doyle Inn focusing on a panel discussion led by Elizabeth Howard of Childs McCune LLC.
Entitled “How to Navigate Private Practice-What You Need to Know,” the two-hour CLE will include a panel discussion on what lawyers need to know before entering into private practice.
Topics will include:
· The importance of finding a mentor
· Partner’s expectations - what new attorney should know
· Finding the right firm for you (focusing on the differences in size of firm, culture, and type of work)
· How to manage the billable hour
· Does work life balance exist
· Private practice is not the end of your public service - identifying ways to incorporate public service into your practice
· Mistakes to avoid as a young lawyer at a new firm
· What law school doesn’t teach you
· Transitioning from associate to partner
The session will be held on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at the downtown office of Wheeler, Trigg, O’Donnell at 370 Seventeenth Street, Suite 4500, Denver, Colorado 80202-5647.
Panel members include:
John Tatlock, Special Counsel, Harris Family Law
Jamie Cotter, Partner, Spencer Fane
Jessica Kosares, Alderman Bernstein
Peter Murphy, Markus Williams Young and Zimmermann LLC.
RSVP to email@example.com