Bar and Court Admissions
Natalie Colao represents clients in complex civil litigation. She has gained valuable experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device, health and wellness, and cannabis industries.
Prior to joining WTO, Natalie worked as a litigation associate in a full service law firm in New Jersey. While there, she drafted motions and pleadings and served as the primary attorney handling discovery in multiple cases.
Natalie has also served federal clerkships in the U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, as well as a state clerkship in the Appellate Division of the New Jersey Superior Court. While in law school, Natalie held a legal internship with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Won an appeal in the 10th Circuit for two mortgage brokers in a noncompete case against a leading financial institution, affirming a district court's prior denial of preliminary injunction. The plaintiffs had alleged that their former employees—WTO's clients—had breached noncompete and trade secret agreements when they left the company.
- Representing a healthcare organization against negligence claims and a mass tort involving medical devices.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company in multidistrict litigation involving allegedly adulterated drugs, resulting in stipulated dismissal.
- Represented an international wellness company in a product liability matter.
- Represented a medical device manufacturer in a personal injury matter.
- Represented a financial technology company during a contract dispute.
- Assisted a medical marijuana alternative treatment center to defend against orders to show cause related to its agricultural operations.
- Drafted and won a motion to compel arbitration in a breach of contract matter.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
"Appellate Division Develops Factors Regarding Remote Testimony at Trial," Co-Author, New Jersey Law Journal – E-Discovery & Complex L. Supp. , (April 13, 2020).
Sills Cummis & Gross, P.C.
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Colorado Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
Community Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Food & Agriculture Alumni Mentor, Fordham University
Marathons, triathlons, backpacking, and animal rights.