Navy Case Update: Death on the High Seas Act and Doctrine of Uniformity
John Fitzpatrick and co-presenters Robert Hatten, Trey Jones, and Brian J. Schneider will discuss the following topics:
Location, location, location – where are the maritime cases currently being tried?
Strengths and weaknesses of maritime law as a choice of law issue
- Ship and shipyard exposure: the expanding pool of sites, claimants and defendants
- Warnings - What difference would it have made given Navy knowledge?
- Sophisticated User and Learned Intermediary - Who knew more than the Navy
- Removal issues – federal enclave and federal officer jurisdiction- MDL return of cases
- Top Gun – information you need to know about the top naval plaintiff and defense experts
- Update: Duty to Warn Regarding Component Parts