U.S. Navy Ship and Shipyard Asbestos Cases at National Asbestos Litigation Conference
Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell partner John Fitzpatrick will speak at Perrin's Asbestos Litigation Conference on September 13 at 1:30 p.m. He will co-present on U.S. Navy ship and shipyard asbestos cases. The topics to be covered include:
- Location, location, location – where are the maritime cases currently being tried?
- Strengths and weaknesses of maritime law as a choice of law issue
- Ship and shipyard exposure: the expanding pool of sites, claimants and defendants
- Warnings - What difference would it have made given Navy knowledge?
- Sophisticated user and learned intermediary - Who knew more than the Navy?
- Removal issues – federal enclave and federal officer jurisdiction- MDL return of cases
- Top Gun – information you need to know about the top naval plaintiff and defense experts
- Update: Duty to Warn Regarding Component Parts
All in-house counsel and insurance professionals complimentary. Registration fee of $1300 includes private website access to course materials, continental breakfast, lunches, refreshment breaks and networking receptions. CLE Credit is pending in most states: 15-18 credits, depending on state requirements. For more information, email Lynnsey Perrin or Julie Steward.