WTO Expands COVID-19 Trial and Litigation Experience
WTO EXPANDS COVID-19 EXPERIENCE: TRIAL & LITIGATION RESULTS FOR UNCERTAIN TIMES
Denver: Wheeler Trigg O’Donnell (WTO) has expanded its COVID-19 trial and litigation experience. WTO lawyers have tried three cases to completion during the pandemic, with two victories and a verdict pending. They have also helped numerous clients prepare for active or anticipated COVID-related disputes.
WTO’s pioneering experience as an early leader in remote trials has led our lawyers to develop best practices to address COVID-19 claims and deliver pandemic-era trial wins for our clients.
- Trials: Won a groundbreaking $1.25 billion decision in an electricity dispute in one of the first remote trials in the nation in the COVID-19 era.
- Class Actions: Representing a major North American resort owner and operator in multiple consumer class actions seeking refunds following the company's closure of its ski resorts during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Commercial: Advised one of the world’s largest travel and hospitality conglomerates on refund policy issues during COVID-19.
- Employment: Representing a Fortune 50 company facing personal injury and employment claims related to a COVID-19 outbreak.
- Professional Liability: Defending a large health system against one of the earliest filed claims in the U.S. involving a COVID-19-related patient death.
- Insurance: Won before the U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation against an attempt to centralize all federal COVID-19 business-interruption insurance cases.
- Real Estate: Advising a real estate client to help safeguard its constitutional rights amid governmental overreach related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Pro Bono: Won a remote federal trial for a foreign national asserting international kidnapping protections under the Hague Convention. The court ruled that WTO’s client’s child must be returned to her home country.
“Our COVID-19 services represent the best of WTO,” said Firm Chair Michael O’Donnell. “The pandemic has affected every aspect of life and business. WTO lawyers from every litigation specialty have stepped up to help our clients meet the unique challenges of this difficult time."
For more information about how WTO’s COVID-19 trial and litigation experience can help you, contact your WTO relationship partner or Mike O’Donnell.
Wheeler Trigg O’Donnell lawyers have taken more than 1,100 trials and arbitrations to verdict or award, and more than 300 appeals to opinion in 45 states and Washington, D.C., with exceptional results for our clients.
Established in 1998, WTO currently numbers more than 100 lawyers. The firm represents sophisticated clients in high-stakes civil trials, appeals, and related litigation ranging from complex commercial to class actions to multidistrict litigation.