Bar and Court Admissions
Jenny Parker represents both companies and individuals in a variety of complex commercial litigation matters. She dedicates a significant portion of her practice to defending hospitals, physicians, and nurses in medical malpractice lawsuits.
In addition to her regular practice, Jenny is committed to pro bono work. She has partnered with Colorado Legal Services to assist domestic violence survivors seeking protection orders. Jenny is also a member of the Faculty of Federal Advocates Civil Pro Bono Panel.
Prior to joining Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell in 2013, Jenny clerked for the Honorable Brian D. Boatright of the Colorado Supreme Court, as well as for the Honorable Lael E. Montgomery (retired) and the Honorable Patrick D. Butler of the 20th Judicial District.
- Achieved complete dismissal with prejudice and no money paid for an optometrist in a medical malpractice case after the close of discovery.
- Negotiated complete dismissal with prejudice and no money paid for a hospital and a nurse in a medical malpractice case just weeks before trial.
- Achieved a highly favorable settlement for an incarcerated pro bono client who had sued the Colorado Department of Corrections in federal court for First Amendment retaliation.
- Won a defense verdict in Philadelphia, during the week of Christmas, for a hospital and its physician assistant who diagnosed muscle strain when in fact the plaintiff had an infection that resulted in the amputation of her leg. The jury agreed with WTO's arguments that, given the circumstances, the original diagnosis was reasonable.
- Won summary judgment on multiple claims for a national dermatology practice with over 50 offices. Claims included breach of contract, conspiracy, fraud, and other allegations. Once the major claims were dismissed, the plaintiffs agreed to a nuisance settlement that involved no payment by WTO's client.
- Secured voluntary dismissal, without any payment by WTO's client, in a personal injury lawsuit brought by aggressive plaintiffs' attorneys. The case involved a plaintiff who was struck by a race car traveling 80 mph as she attempted to photograph the vehicle.
- Defended an indoor trampoline facility in a premises liability case involving an alleged traumatic brain injury and millions of dollars in claimed damages. The case settled favorably for WTO's client a few weeks before trial.
- Drafted the briefing that resulted in complete dismissal with prejudice of WTO's client, a home healthcare facility, from a medical malpractice case.
- Represented a medical facility in a case involving allegations of negligence and unlicensed practice of medicine. WTO achieved a nuisance value settlement.
- Defended a hospital in a medical malpractice case involving infective endocarditis. WTO secured a settlement that involved no affirmative payment of money by our client.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
Panelist, "Women in Law Day," Boulder, Colorado (April 2, 2022).
"Bridging the Generational Gap in the Legal Field," Panelist at Colorado Defense Lawyer Association, Santa Fe, New Mexico, (July 29, 2017).
- "WILLS - Finding Bliss In The Future Of Legal Service & Practice," (September 16, 2015).
"Judicial Clerkship Alumni Panel," presented at University of Colorado Law School, (September 10, 2014).
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Defense Research Institute
Colorado Bar Association
Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
Colorado Women's Bar Association
Faculty of Federal Advocates
Legal Aid Foundation
Board of Trustees, 2021-present
Associates' Campaign Co-Chair, 2017-2019
Associate Advisory Board, 2015-2019
Associates' Campaign Representative, 2015-2018
New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association
Spending time with her husband and two daughters