Bar and Court Admissions
Nicole Jones represents sophisticated clients in complex litigation matters. She has drafted and argued successful dispositive motions, and gained valuable experience handling 30b6 witness prep and depositions. As a former appellate law clerk at both the Colorado Supreme Court and the Colorado Court of Appeals, Nicole brings valuable appellate knowledge and experience.
While in law school, Nicole served several internships, including in the Colorado U.S. Attorney’s Office and the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission’s Enforcement Division. She was also the recipient of numerous awards, including the Clarence L. Bartholic Legal Profession Award, the Hartje Objective Writing Award, the Reese Persuasive Writing Award, and Scholastic Excellence Awards, which are given to the top law student in each class. Additionally, Nicole served as Managing Editor of the Denver Law Review and as a contributor to the law school’s securities law blog.
- Representing one of the nation's largest grocery and foodservice distributors as a direct action plaintiff in antitrust litigation concerning broiler chickens.
- Representing a major behavioral healthcare network in 16 medical malpractice cases in New Mexico involving allegations of sexual and physical abuse.
- Representing an Alabama hospital in a medical malpractice case involving wrongful death.
- Representing an Arkansas psychiatric facility in a wrongful death case.
- Successfully represented a Florida hospital in a medical malpractice case involving injuries allegedly arising from sepsis.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
"A Catastrophic Collision: Due Process and Section 363 Free and Clear Asset Sales Meet Head-On in the GM Bankruptcy," 26 J. Bankr. L. & Prac. 183, (November 2017).
"Citizens United Round II: Campaign Finance Disclosure, the First Amendment, and Expanding Exemptions and Loopholes for Corporate Influence on Elections," 93 Denv. L. Rev. 749, (November 2016).
"Shareholder Proposals, Director Elections, and Proxy Access: The History of the SEC's Impediments to Shareholder Franchise," 93 Denv. L. Rev. Online 233, (October 2016).
Fortis Law Partners
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Thompson G. Marsh American Inn of Court
Board Member, 2019–present
Program Committee Chair, 2020–present
Assistant Program Committee Chair, 2019–2020
University of Denver Sturm College of Law
Judicial Clerkship Alumni Committee Member, August 2020–present
Colorado Women’s Bar Association
Editor in Chief, “Tales from the Trenches,” The 1891, October 2018–present
Denver Bar Association
Co-Chair, Access to Justice Committee’s Pro Bono Week, 2019
Colorado Bar Association
Colorado Judicial Institute
Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
Community Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Denver Metro Chamber Leadership Foundation
Impact Denver Alumnus, Spring 2020
Ballet, travel photography, scuba diving, and snowboarding