Bar and Court Admissions
Rebekah Nickel represents clients in commercial litigation matters nationwide. As a law student, she gained hands-on legal experience as a judicial intern in the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado and as a law clerk at WTO. In these roles, Rebekah assisted on matters involving discrimination, insurance bad faith, fraud, and consumer protection laws. Rebekah graduated first in her class from the University of Denver, Sturm College of Law.
- Won U.S. asylum in a pro bono victory for two Congolese refugees who were targets of extreme ethnic violence in their home country.
- Representing a retail marijuana franchise in a contract dispute involving claims that our client owes money for capital raised.
- Representing one of the largest real estate sales companies in the nation in commercial disputes involving violations of franchise agreements.
- Representing one of the nation's largest health and wellness franchisors in disputes involving violations of franchise, trademark, and trade secret agreements. Helped draft motions for preliminary injunction and temporary restraining order.
- Serving as lead national trial counsel to a major U.S. distributor of vaping products in federal multidistrict litigation in California. WTO is liaison counsel to all of the distributor defendants in the litigation.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
"The Government Game of Hot Potato," 98 Denver Law Review 229, (November 2020).
Community Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Volunteer, Denver CASA
Volunteer, Metro Caring
Judge, Denver Urban Debate League
Running with her dog, Peloton, and baking recipes from the Great British Baking Show