Bar and Court Admissions
Emily Linehan represents clients facing complex claims across a range of practices and industries. In addition to serving as second chair in multiple mediations, her experience includes drafting dispositive motions and supporting documents—including successful oppositions. Emily also has experience in individual and class action matters involving discrimination claims, ERISA, and sexual violence.
- Served as second chair in multiple mediations involving employment discrimination and retaliation claims.
- Drafted a successful opposition motion to dismiss in a case involving age discrimination claims.
- Assisted with drafting a successful opposition to motion for summary judgment in a case involving ERISA claims.
- Represented individuals in pre-suit negotiations with current and future employers in discrimination cases.
- Represented clients in both individual and class action litigation brought under Title VII, ADA, FMLA, and others.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
"Job Hunting in the Digital Age: Fighting Unseen Discrimination Against Older Workers," Sanford Heisler Sharp Blog.
Co-Author with Judge Bernice B. Donald, "Dignity Rights and the Environment: Affirming Human Dignity through Environmental Justice," 25 Widener Law Review 153 (2019).
"Is the Injury Real?: The Seventh Circuit Extends Article III Standing to Data Breach Victims," Seventh Circuit Review, (Spring 2016).
Sanford Heisler Sharp, LLP.,
Loevy & Loevy,
Hiking, Snowboarding, International Travel