Bar and Court Admissions
John Sandberg defends clients against complex commercial, personal injury, and professional liability claims. He is a valuable trial advocate, having served on four trial teams, including as second-chair in separate medical malpractice and personal injury trials. In addition to his trial practice, John defends healthcare providers and other professionals before state licensing boards. John also brings strong appellate experience, having co-authored a winning answer brief for the respondent on an appeal of a forcible entry and detainer matter.
Prior to joining WTO, John worked at the Denver office of a regional law firm, gaining significant experience drafting motions and pleadings, handling discovery, and taking and defending depositions. While in law school, he participated in a Community Economic Development Clinic, during which he provided pro bono legal counsel to a Denver-area nonprofit and trademark and intellectual property counseling to a local family-owned retail business. John also served a judicial internship to the Honorable Gilbert M. Román in the Colorado Court of Appeals.
- Represented an energy services company as second chair in a multi-million dollar personal injury trial involving claims of disability and permanent impairment following a workplace injury. Cross-examined the plaintiff's medical experts, conducted direct examination of a corporate representative, and argued for the client during the jury instruction conference.
- Won motion to dismiss legal malpractice claims brought against a Colorado criminal defense attorney. Drafted the motion and supporting briefs and secured dismissal before incurring any discovery fees, just months after the case was filed.
- Represented a medical device retailer as second chair in a medical malpractice trial in Colorado involving allegations of malpractice during a cosmetic facial laser procedure. Delivered opening statements and cross-examined the plaintiff's primary medical expert.
- Successfully represented a private couple as lead counsel in a bench trial involving trespass and property damage claims resulting in thousands of dollars in destroyed personal property.
- Co-authored a winning appellate answer brief for a financial services company in a forcible entry and detainer proceeding.
Messner Reeves LLP
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Colorado Bar Association
Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
Defense Research Institute
William E. Doyle Inn of Court
Notre Dame Lawyers Committee
Catholic Lawyers Guild of Colorado
Running, American history and the presidents, the Chicago Cubs.