Bar and Court Admissions
Matthew Rotbart represents sophisticated clients in complex commercial litigation matters. He has handled cases in the healthcare and consumer products industries, where he has taken and defended fact and expert depositions and drafted winning motions. Matt also has significant experience representing professional sports teams and organizations.
Prior to joining WTO, Matt was an associate at an AmLaw 100 firm in New York City, where he chaired the firm’s high school mentoring program.
- Won dismissal on summary judgment for an agricultural equipment manufacturer in a product liability case claiming that an allegedly defective combine header amputated the plaintiff's fingers during a routine inspection. WTO argued the briefing remotely.
- Won summary judgment for a leading international manufacturer in defense of a $20 million breach of contract dispute.
- Cross-examined and deposed senior executives of a debtor oil and gas company in a multibillion-dollar bankruptcy case.
- Won summary judgment for the NHL against the former owner of the Arizona Coyotes, who breached agreements with the NHL by attempting to move the team to Canada.
- Secured broad ex parte preliminary and permanent injunctive relief against internet sellers of counterfeit NFL jerseys.
- Advised Major League Soccer on league expansion, commissioner authority, and contract interpretation.
- Successfully represented a global mass media and entertainment company through mediation and arbitration in a $100 million dispute over compliance with "Most Favored Nations" provisions.
- Obtained dismissal of claims for misappropriation of trade secrets in defense of a worldwide distributer of medical, dental, and veterinary supplies.
- Won modification of a child support order on appeal for a pro bono client and domestic abuse victim, establishing a new legal precedent in New York State.
Proskauer Rose, Associate
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
The Best Lawyers in America
Ones to Watch - Commercial Litigation, 2021, 2022
Thompson G. Marsh Inn of Court
Community Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Intermountain Jewish News "15 Under 40" 2021
Spending time with family, fantasy sports, basketball, and golf.