Bar and Court Admissions
Stephanie Reedy has built an extensive body of work defending clients in high-stakes mass torts and product liability lawsuits nationwide, in particular involving pharmaceutical products and medical devices. She also represents sophisticated clients in complex commercial litigation.
Stephanie has participated on several trial teams defending complex pharmaceutical product liability cases. She has extensive experience coordinating the nationwide defense of mass torts cases in multidistrict litigation and helping clients streamline their litigation strategies. Stephanie is a member of the WTO national coordinating and trial counsel teams that have successfully resolved numerous product liability cases for Advanced Bionics, Pfizer, Northstar Rx LLC and McKesson Corp.
Prior to joining Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell, Stephanie litigated complex commercial and pharmaceutical product liability cases at Arnold & Porter LLP. She also represented clients in general commercial disputes and state and federal antitrust cases. While at Arnold & Porter Stephanie also served as pro bono counsel in immigration removal proceedings and for felony criminal defendants in Denver metro-area district courts. Stephanie also spent several months litigating human rights and constitutional claims for the Legal Resources Centre in South Africa prior to joining the firm.
- Won a unanimous defense verdict in a $55 million trial in eastern Kentucky for a hospital accused of malpractice.
- Won a complete defense jury verdict for a mental health hospital in Virginia. The plaintiff claimed $32 million in damages arising from an alleged patient-on-patient sexual assault.
- Served as national counsel to a global healthcare company in multidistrict litigation involving over 12,000 claims relating to dialysis products. WTO helped develop national resolution strategy, identified bellwether cases, and negotiated settlement of all claims.
- Represent Northstar Rx LLC in consolidated actions in California, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey related to multiple generic prescription medications.
- Defended a medical device company against defective design and manufacturing claims filed in several federal courts across the country.
- Obtained dismissal of hundreds of metoclopramide lawsuits filed against Northstar Rx LLC in consolidated litigation in Atlantic County, New Jersey, after the U.S. Supreme Court issued its decision in Pliva, Inc. v. Mensing (2011).
- Defended medical malpractice claims brought against a Florida hospital after the death of a bariatric surgery patient. WTO lawyers were called in a month before trial to rehabilitate the defense's case, leading to a favorable settlement for WTO's client shortly before trial was scheduled to begin.
- Defended an independent diagnostic laboratory against claims brought by a patient who alleged that incorrect interpretation of her pap smear tests caused a delay in her cervical cancer diagnosis.
- Served as national counsel to Wyeth in fen-phen litigation and directed discovery and trial preparation for dozens of cases across a five-state region.
- Represented footwear manufacturer Crocs in nationwide litigation involving allegations of defectively designed footwear and failure to warn with respect to alleged risks associated with wearing the shoes on escalators.
- Defended an independent diagnostic laboratory against allegations that its equipment incorrectly reported a paraplegic's antibiotic resistance. WTO's client was ultimately dismissed from the case without financial penalty.
- Represented Toyota Motor Corporation in a personal injury lawsuit alleging an unintended acceleration of plaintiff's vehicle.
Arnold & Porter LLP
Judicial Clerk to The Honorable Sidney R. Thomas,
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
The Legal Resources Centre, South Africa
Editor at various newspapers, including The Prague Post, Czech Republic, The Indianapolis Star & News, and The Palladium-Item, Indiana
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Defense Research Institute
Colorado Women’s Bar Association
Colorado Defense Lawyer’s Association
Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
Singing, traveling, distance road cycling, PSIA-certified level II ski instructor, and a certified wine sommelier