Bar and Court Admissions
Virginia M. Creighton represents clients in complex commercial legal disputes. In particular, Ginny works with lawyers and law firms to defend against legal malpractice claims. Ginny excels at legal writing and research.
Prior to joining WTO, Ginny served as a law clerk in the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado. She has significant commercial litigation experience, including wage and hour, corporate governance, and real estate matters.
- Won case-ending summary judgment for an international shipping company in a multi-plaintiff, putative joint employment case in state court in California. The plaintiffs sought overtime, meal and rest breaks, minimum wage, and other damages.
- Won motion to strike California Labor Code Private Attorneys General Act ("PAGA") representative claim in federal court for alleged meal break violations where WTO's client was a purported joint employer.
- Won a preliminary injunction—following a three-day hearing—for Jefferson County Public Health requiring private schools to comply with the county-wide mask mandate and public health inspections.
- After a successful motion to stay pending arbitration, was part of the leadership team on a collective FLSA action involving 144 individual plaintiffs in which she took the lead on all dispositive motions. After winning several initial dispositive motions, the matter was settled on terms very favorable to the client.
- Conducted post-litigation audit of human resources and payroll practices and provided subsequent training to avoid future claims.
- Assisted in representing a board member of a closely held corporation in very contentious litigation involving corporate governance and best practices for board of directors.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
"Colorado's Environmental Audit Privilege Statute: Striking the Appropriate Balance?", Comment, 67 U. COLO. L. REV. 443, (1996).
Ballard Spahr LLP
Jacobs Chase LLC
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Colorado Bar Association
Denver Bar Association
Community Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Volunteer, Colorado Puppy Rescue
Reading, hiking, and travelling with my family