Bar and Court Admissions
Zach Lange is one of the firm’s lead e-discovery attorneys. He focuses his practice on the development and deployment of tailored e-discovery solutions for clients across diverse and highly regulated industries facing distinct information governance and discovery obligations. Zach’s clients include leading manufacturers of consumer products, automobiles, and medical devices; healthcare providers; and oil and gas companies.
Zach has over twelve years of experience managing complex discovery matters and guiding clients to develop appropriate strategies, systems, and processes to meet their e-discovery obligations while addressing budget priorities and realities. His experience includes utilizing technology assisted review (TAR) across many platforms including Relativity, Eclipse, Equivio, Inverito, and CV Lynx. Zach provides genuine relief and support for clients by managing discovery vendor relationships on their behalf; creating and drafting discovery protocols; addressing issues pertaining to attorney-client privilege and work product immunity; and leading teams of attorneys involved in the analysis of documents and ESI.
Zach regularly attends the Sedona Conference Institute Program on eDiscovery and LegalTech New York, the leading resources in the nation on emerging e-discovery practices and technology. He also presents CLEs on evolving e-discovery tools and updates in discovery law.
- Contributor to the EDRM Revision project that updated the underlying documentation of the EDRM model to reflect changes in technology, process, and the law.
- Participated in an international electronic discovery investigation for a computer hardware manufacturer in response to investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, and the European Commission.
- Assisted in the successful resolution of 21 arbitrations as part of WTO's Chrysler Group Franchise Arbitrations Team, including the drafting and assembly of multiple successful motions submitted prior to final hearings. These followed the bankruptcy of Chrysler Group in 2010.
- Successfully managed the process of harvesting, filtering, analyzing, and producing electronically stored information (ESI) in numerous complex litigation matters.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
"Strategic Considerations in eDiscovery," presented to attorneys and staff at Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell as an accredited CLE, (September 16, 2019).
- "Colorado Attorney Mentoring Program's Emerging Legal Markets Panel," Panelist, (Febuary 2019).
"Negotiating TAR Protocols," eDiscovery Speaker Series - Denver, (May 16, 2018).
"The New Era of Proportionality," presented to the Wyoming State Bar, (November 11, 2016).
"Email, Smartphone and Social Media Evidence: A Practical How-To Guide," presented to the National Business Institute, (November 10, 2016).
"An Introduction to Predictive Coding," Co-Author, TortSource, (Spring 2017).
Perkins Coie LLP
Hiking, skiing, cooking, University of Colorado football