Kori Flake Miller
Bar and Court Admissions
Kori Miller helps clients develop and implement litigation and trial strategies in complex civil disputes in federal and state courts nationwide. An accomplished associate, Kori has participated on four trial teams—serving as second chair in three of those—with outstanding results for her clients.
Kori's experience includes defending individuals and companies in contract and warranty disputes and a broad range of tort matters, including products liability, premises liability, wrongful death, general negligence, and intentional tort cases. Representative clients include commercial motor vehicle companies, chemical manufacturers, medical facilities, commercial construction companies, retailers, and insurers. Kori has also defended governmental entities in individual and class action lawsuits involving general tort and state and federal constitutional claims.
Kori graduated with honors from the University of Georgia School of Law, where she was a member of the moot court and mock trial teams.
- Won exclusion of the plaintiff's causation expert and achieved summary judgment in a medical malpractice case. The victory also led to an award of more than $40,000 in attorney fees.
- Won a defense jury verdict in Washington for a pediatric cardiologist accused of malpractice and facing $120 million in claimed damages related to an infant's brain damage.
- Won summary judgment for a correctional healthcare provider and nurse in a medical malpractice case involving endocarditis.
- Won a defense jury verdict, working closely with local counsel, for an Iowa obstetrician accused of negligence during the delivery of a baby born with severe physical and cognitive deficits in 2007.
- Defeated class certification for Electrolux in a consolidated putative class action in Illinois involving millions of the company's dishwashers.
- Successfully defended a medical transport company in an admitted liability tort trial in Georgia. The jury awarded a small fraction of the amount sought by the plaintiff and far less than the plaintiff demanded before trial. The client was extremely pleased.
- Won a defense jury verdict for a dialysis facility in a premises liability trial in Indiana.
- Won a defense jury verdict for a home improvement store in a premises liability trial in federal court in Indiana.
- Won a motion to dismiss product liability claims against a colorant manufacturer in federal court in Indiana.
- Won a motion for summary judgment for a dialysis facility in a wrongful death case in Indiana state court. The plaintiffs appealed the ruling, which was affirmed by the appellate court.
- Won a motion to dismiss negligence claims against a medical transport company in Georgia.
- Won a motion for summary judgment for an equestrian center in a tort matter in Georgia.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
"Not Enough Changing in Your Trucking Company? Get Ready for URS," The Transportation Newsletter.
Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, Associate
Kopka Pinkus Dolin, Associate
Freeman Mathis & Gary LLP, Associate
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
The Best lawyers in America
Ones to Watch - Health Care Law, 2022, 2023
Ones to Watch - Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, 2022, 2023
State Bar of Georgia
Travel, photography, and UGA football