Bar and Court Admissions
Kori Miller helps clients develop and implement litigation and trial strategies in complex civil disputes in federal and state courts nationwide. An accomplished associate, Kori has participated on four trial teams—serving as second chair in three of those—with outstanding results for her clients.
Kori's experience includes defending individuals and companies in contract and warranty disputes and a broad range of tort matters, including products liability, premises liability, wrongful death, general negligence, and intentional tort cases. Representative clients include commercial motor vehicle companies, chemical manufacturers, medical facilities, commercial construction companies, retailers, and insurers. Kori has also defended governmental entities in individual and class action lawsuits involving general tort and state and federal constitutional claims.
Kori graduated with honors from the University of Georgia School of Law, where she was a member of the moot court and mock trial teams.
- Elward et al. v. Electrolux Home Products, Inc. (N.D. Ill. 2020) - Defeated class certification for Electrolux in a consolidated putative class action in Illinois involving millions of the company's dishwashers.
- Successfully defended a medical transport company in an admitted liability tort trial in Georgia. The jury awarded a small fraction of the amount sought by the plaintiff and far less than the plaintiff demanded before trial. The client was extremely pleased.
- Won a defense jury verdict for a dialysis facility in a premises liability trial in Indiana.
- Won a defense jury verdict for a home improvement store in a premises liability trial in federal court in Indiana.
- Won a motion to dismiss product liability claims against a colorant manufacturer in federal court in Indiana.
- Won a motion for summary judgment for a dialysis facility in a wrongful death case in Indiana state court. The plaintiffs appealed the ruling, which was affirmed by the appellate court.
- Won a motion to dismiss negligence claims against a medical transport company in Georgia.
- Won a motion for summary judgment for an equestrian center in a tort matter in Georgia.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
"Not Enough Changing in Your Trucking Company? Get Ready for URS," The Transportation Newsletter
Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, Associate
Kopka Pinkus Dolin, Associate
Freeman Mathis & Gary LLP, Associate
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
State Bar of Georgia
Travel, photography, and UGA football