Bar and Court Admissions
Annie Anderson represents clients in high-stakes product liability, toxic tort, and personal injury lawsuits involving car accidents and other high-exposure claims. She has negotiated favorable settlements for her clients and conducted depositions, fact investigations, and document and discovery management. Annie has also drafted winning dispositive motions and gained valuable experience drafting discovery motions.
Prior to joining WTO, she served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Rebecca Freyre of the Colorado Court of Appeals. During law school, Annie participated in a law clinic where she successfully argued motions before an Administrative Law Judge, conducted a deposition of a medical expert, and ultimately won the judgment for benefits for her client.
- Won a Colorado Supreme Court opinion for Crestone Peak Resources in a lease dispute with significant implications for Colorado's oil and gas industry.
- Represent Michelin as national coordinating counsel for toxic tort litigation.
- Won summary judgment for a national insurer in federal court in Colorado in a bad faith case involving medical payments coverage for workers' compensation claims. WTO proved that the plaintiff was seeking double recovery for his injuries through his policy with our client.
- Represented USAA in various bad faith underinsured motorist and medical payment matters. Drafted successful motions to strike, successfully handled discovery disputes, attended court conferences, and negotiated settlements.
- Successfully mediated a dispute over automobile property damage to dispose of all claims against an insured.
- Interviewed witnesses in third-party insurance disputes to strengthen bargaining position for an insurance client.
- Representing national asbestos litigation clients in mesothelioma cases, including drafting Daubert motions and motions in limine.
- Drafted successful motions in limine in a personal injury car accident case.
- Won a motion to dismiss in federal court in Colorado in a matter of first impression for a major industrial manufacturer facing toxic tort and wrongful death claims. WTO's novel arguments resulted in the product liability statute taking precedence for the first time.
- Represent a major industrial equipment manufacturer in nationwide high-exposure cases involving multiple injury and wrongful death claims.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Co-Author, "Limitations Applicable to Wrongful Death Claims Allegedly Caused by a Defective Product," DRI Strictly Speaking, (December, 2021).
How Much Are You Worth? A Statutory Alternative to the Unconstitutionality of Experts' Use of Minority-Based Statistics, 73 Wash. & Lee L. Rev. Online 206, (October 2016).
Williams Mullen, Summer Associate
Jackson Kelly, Summer Associate
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Legal Aid Foundation
Associates' Advisory Board
Thompson G. Marsh Inn of Court
Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Award for Effective Trial Advocacy
Phi Delta Phi
Omicron Delta Kappa
Mountain climbing, cooking Southwestern food, camping, and golfing