Bar and Court Admissions
Annie Anderson represents clients in complex commercial litigation matters. Prior to joining WTO, she served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Rebecca Freyre of the Colorado Court of Appeals, where she assisted in drafting opinions and performing legal research on a variety of topics including property tax law, asbestos litigation, and shareholder derivative actions.
During law school, Annie served as a summer associate at two full-service law firms and as a judicial intern for a federal magistrate. Through these involvements, she developed familiarity with contracts law, asbestos, and class action lawsuits. Annie gained experience drafting motions, demand letters, and memoranda, and strategizing mediations. Additionally, Annie participated in a litigation clinic representing coal miners seeking benefits for black lung disease. She successfully argued motions before an Administrative Law Judge, conducted a deposition of a medical expert, and ultimately won the judgment for benefits for her client.
Annie participated in her law school’s mentoring program, in which she instructed and mentored first-year law students. She graduated from Washington and Lee University School of Law, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, and was Managing Editor of the university’s Law Review.
- Won summary judgment for a national insurer in federal court in Colorado in a bad faith case involving medical payments coverage for workers' compensation claims. WTO proved that the plaintiff was seeking double recovery for his injuries through his policy with our client.
- Represented USAA in various bad faith underinsured motorist and medical payment matters. Drafted successful motions to strike, successfully handled discovery disputes, attended court conferences, and negotiated settlements.
- Successfully mediated a dispute over automobile property damage to dispose of all claims against an insured.
- Interviewed witnesses in third-party insurance disputes to strengthen bargaining position for an insurance client.
- Representing national asbestos litigation clients in mesothelioma cases, including drafting Daubert motions and motions in limine.
- Drafted successful motions in limine in a personal injury car accident case.
- Won a motion to dismiss in federal court in Colorado in a matter of first impression for a major industrial manufacturer facing toxic tort and wrongful death claims. WTO's novel arguments resulted in the product liability statute taking precedence for the first time.
- Represent a major industrial equipment manufacturer in nationwide high-exposure cases involving multiple injury and wrongful death claims.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
How Much Are You Worth? A Statutory Alternative to the Unconstitutionality of Experts' Use of Minority-Based Statistics, 73 Wash. & Lee L. Rev. Online 206 (2016)
Williams Mullen, Summer Associate
Jackson Kelly, Summer Associate
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Thompson G. Marsh Inn of Court
Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Award for Effective Trial Advocacy
Phi Delta Phi
Omicron Delta Kappa
Community Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Boulder Philharmonic, Volunteer
Mountain climbing, cooking Southwestern food, camping, and golfing