Bar and Court Admissions
Thomas Dec represents clients in complex civil litigation across a range of industries, including automotive, transportation, and insurance. He handles cases—including class actions—involving commercial litigation, product liability, and employment law in federal and state courts across the United States.
Before joining WTO, Tom was a litigation associate for a prominent international law firm in New York City, where he represented clients in civil and white collar matters.
- Represented a major transportation company in an arbitration regarding breach of contract allegations brought by a contractor. The case settled favorably thanks to aggressive discovery.
- Represented trustees against breach of fiduciary duty claims brought by another trustee and beneficiary in a complex dispute that also involved significant tax issues and adjacent litigation over the trust assets.
- Representing a battery manufacturer and multinational industrial manufacturing company in a contract and product warranty dispute with a commercial electric vehicle company.
- Representing a major transportation company in a Fair Labor Standards Act collective action and individual and class wage and hour claims.
- Represented a financial institution in civil litigation on various state fraud and tort claims. Drafted dispositive motions, motions in limine, and trial preparation documents.
- Represented secured and unsecured lenders in multiple bankruptcy litigations in the energy and retail industries.
- Represented investment funds, financial institutions, and a major technology company in investigations brought by state and federal agencies.
- Drafted portions of amicus briefs for pro bono clients. The briefs were filed with the U.S. Supreme Court, Second Circuit, and Ninth Circuit and addressed issues including partisan gerrymandering, state gun regulations, and immigration law.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
Disenfranchisement in the U.S. Presidential Nomination Process through Caucuses and the Gatekeeping Role of Iowa and New Hampshire, 107 Calif. L. Rev. 267, (2019).
Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Colorado LGBT Bar Association
Public Policy Chair
Colorado Attorney Mentoring Program (CAMP)
National parks, fantasy football, running