Bar and Court Admissions
Jennifer Oxley is a former Assistant United States Attorney who represents clients facing complex commercial, professional liability, class action, and catastrophic injury claims. She brings valuable trial and courtroom experience, having served as first-chair in a federal criminal misdemeanor trial where she delivered opening and closing statements and handled direct and cross examinations. Additionally, Jennie has argued multiple motions in federal court for the United States, conducted over a dozen depositions, and drafted numerous complex legal briefs.
Following law school, Jennie clerked for the Hon. Michael W. Mosman, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Oregon. As a student attorney at Stanford Community Law Clinic, Jennie represented clients in a fair housing case in federal court, multiple social security disability benefits hearings, a wage and hour lawsuit in state court, and an unlawful detainer action.
Before entering law, Jennie served as an analyst and program manager for the Defense Intelligence Agency and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. In these roles she advised senior policy makers, including the Director of the National Counterterrorism Center and the Director of Intelligence for the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Jennie also deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan to support special operations forces.
- Won a $3.4 million jury verdict for a family-owned investment company against an IT services provider following a cyberattack.
- Won dismissal for a trucking company in a case involving catastrophic injuries. WTO discovered that the plaintiff had lied in his initial discovery responses and had failed to disclose critical medical records. The case was dismissed with prejudice on the eve of trial due to the discovery violation.
- Defended a nationally accredited tissue bank against allegations of fraud. Responsible, under senior supervision, for developing early litigation strategy, and drafted a complex motion to dismiss and a reply brief.
- Successfully defended a financial investment company against employment-related claims involving allegations that the company was the alter ego of another dissolved company. Led the development of the defense's expert witness.
- Successfully defended a leading telecommunications company against breach of contract claims in Oregon brought by a vendor.
- Represented lawyers and a law firm against malpractice and negligence claims in arbitration. Took the depositions of the claimant and his wife and prepared defense experts prior to their depositions.
- Drafted a motion to dismiss WTO's third-party client from a commercial dispute. The other defendant, which filed counterclaims that pulled our client into litigation, voluntarily dismissed without any payment by WTO's client before the court could rule on the motion.
- Successfully defended a trucking company against seven-figure liability claims brought by multiple plaintiffs following an accident that included allegations of permanent impairment due to a traumatic brain injury. Took the depositions of multiple fact and plaintiffs' expert witnesses.
- Represented a national car manufacturer as regional trial counsel for product liability claims.
- Represented an international manufacturer against class claims involving home appliances.
- Successfully defended a telecommunications company in a state and federal putative class action in Washington arising out of an alleged data breach.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice, without any payment by WTO's client, for an online educational content provider facing allegations that it violated the Colorado Consumer Protection Act and put minors at risk.
- Successfully represented the United States in a federal criminal misdemeanor trial as an Assistant United States Attorney which resulted in a guilty verdict. Delivered opening and closing statements, direct and cross examinations.
- Represented the United States as an Assistant United States Attorney in an evidentiary hearing involving a direct examination of a law-enforcement witness related to alleged violations of the defendant's Fourth Amendment rights based upon novel legal theories
- Represented the United States as an Assistant United States Attorney in federal court in dozens of arraignment, detention, change of plea, and sentencing hearings.
- Drafted three complex briefs for the United States as an Assistant United States Attorney to motions for compassionate release, all of which were decided in the government's favor, including one after several hours of oral argument.
- Represented the United States as an Assistant United States Attorney in international criminal matters related to an extradition complaint and a request for investigatory assistance pursuant to a mutual legal assistance treaty.
- Law360, "DirecTV, CenturyLink Settle Suit Over Consumer Data Breach," October 23, 2018.
Alameda County Public Defender’s Office, Certified Law Student Attorney
Stanford Community Law Clinic, Certified Law Student Attorney
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Rising Stars, Business Litigation, 2023
Gerald Gunther Prize for Outstanding Performance in Torts
and the Law
Watching NFL football, reading classic novels, hiking, running, and traveling.