Bar and Court Admissions
Jennifer Oxley is a former Assistant United States Attorney who represents clients in complex commercial litigation at the trial and appellate levels. She has gained valuable experience drafting legal briefs, presenting opening and closing arguments, examining witnesses, and cross-examining expert witnesses.
Following law school, Jennie clerked for the Hon. Michael W. Mosman, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Oregon. As a student attorney at Stanford Community Law Clinic, Jennie represented clients in a fair housing case in federal court, multiple social security disability benefits hearings, a wage and hour lawsuit in state court, and an unlawful detainer action.
Before entering law, Jennie served as an analyst and program manager for the Defense Intelligence Agency and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence. In these roles she advised senior policy makers, including the Director of the National Counterterrorism Center and the Director of Intelligence for the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Jennie also deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan to support special operations forces.
- Won dismissal for a trucking company in a case involving catastrophic injuries. WTO discovered that the plaintiff had lied in his initial discovery responses and had failed to disclose critical medical records. The case was dismissed with prejudice on the eve of trial due to the discovery violation.
- Defended a nationally accredited tissue bank against allegations of fraud. Responsible, under senior supervision, for developing early litigation strategy, and drafted a complex motion to dismiss and a reply brief.
- Represented a national manufacturer facing hundreds of millions of dollars in damages as a result of a catastrophic accident. Served as lead attorney, under senior supervision, responsible for developing expert witnesses, taking depositions of key expert witnesses for the plaintiffs, and taking fact witness depositions.
- Successfully represented a manufacturer in a product safety investigation with the Consumer Product Safety Commission which resulted in closing the investigation without any civil penalty or DOJ enforcement action. Served as the lead attorney responsible for conducting fact witness interviews and overseeing document collection and review.
- Successfully negotiated a favorable settlement, prior to the filing of a lawsuit, for a national financial services company against claims arising out of an alleged data breach.
- Successfully defended a financial investment company against employment-related claims involving allegations that the company was the alter ego of another dissolved company. Led the development of the defense's expert witness.
- Successfully defended a leading telecommunications company against breach of contract claims in Oregon brought by a vendor.
- Represented lawyers and a law firm against malpractice and negligence claims in arbitration. Took the depositions of the claimant and his wife and prepared defense experts prior to their depositions.
- Drafted a motion to dismiss WTO's third-party client from a commercial dispute. The other defendant, which filed counterclaims that pulled our client into litigation, voluntarily dismissed without any payment by WTO's client before the court could rule on the motion.
- Successfully defended a trucking company against seven-figure liability claims brought by multiple plaintiffs following an accident that included allegations of permanent impairment due to a traumatic brain injury. Took the depositions of multiple fact and plaintiffs' expert witnesses.
- Represented a national car manufacturer as regional trial counsel for product liability claims.
- Represented an international manufacturer against class claims involving home appliances.
- Successfully defended a telecommunications company in a state and federal putative class action in Washington arising out of an alleged data breach.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice, without any payment by WTO's client, for an online educational content provider facing allegations that it violated the Colorado Consumer Protection Act and put minors at risk.
- Law360, "DirecTV, CenturyLink Settle Suit Over Consumer Data Breach," October 23, 2018.
Alameda County Public Defender’s Office, Certified Law Student Attorney
Stanford Community Law Clinic, Certified Law Student Attorney
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
and the Law
Watching NFL football, reading classic novels, hiking, running, and traveling.