Bar and Court Admissions
Tommy Olsen represents clients in complex civil litigation, including commercial disputes, professional liability claims, and catastrophic tort cases. He has substantial experience in depositions, complex discovery, motions practice, trials, post-judgment proceedings, and appeals.
Before joining WTO, Tommy served a judicial clerkship in the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, and also worked in various roles for U.S. Senator Ken Salazar.
- Won a jury verdict in a $12 million commercial dispute involving breach of fiduciary duty, corporate waste, and embezzlement claims in a two-week trial in Los Angeles Superior Court. WTO won dismissal of the corporate waste claim before the jury began deliberations, and the jury found that WTO's client did not embezzle money.
- Won three critical summary judgment and Daubert rulings for a major law firm and three lawyers in a legal malpractice case, precluding damages claims in excess of $10M from proceeding to trial and materially lowering the clients' risk going forward.
- Acted as lead trial counsel in a lease dispute lawsuit and prevailed on claims against our client and their counterclaims.
- Successfully defended a leading technology distributor against claims of civil conspiracy and trade secret misappropriation brought by former competitors, who sought tens of millions of dollars in damages. Following full discovery and a Daubert hearing, plaintiffs dismissed all claims on the eve of trial without any settlement or payment from WTO's client.
- Won a defense verdict in a highly public, multi-week jury trial alleging a wrongful death claim against a recreation industry client following the tragic death of a minor. Successfully defended the appeal.
- Represented the City of Aurora in a Rule 106 action against the City of Greenwood Village involving an intergovernmental agreement between the cities under which Greenwood Village transferred development authority of a real estate parcel to Aurora.
- Won summary judgment for a leading ski resort operator in a ski lift injury case.
- Represented Denver International Airport in high-profile claims involving alleged bid rigging and unfair competition relating to a $50 million terminal concessions contract.
- Won reversal of summary judgment against our client, a real estate developer, in a dispute over a reciprocal easement, the outcome of which had a multimillion-dollar effect on the value of the property. The case was remanded to district court with orders to hear evidence at trial.
- Obtained summary judgment for a commercial lender resulting in an award of more than $2.5 million, including interest and legal fees, relating to an LLC's default on a condominium development loan.
- Won dismissal of two legal malpractice lawsuits against a prominent law firm and successfully defended appeals.
- Successfully represented two asylum applicants on a pro bono basis in federal immigration court. Their asylum applications were granted following an evidentiary merits hearing.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
"Recreation Litigation: Colorado," presented for a CDLA webinar, (July 16, 2018).
Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Colorado Super Lawyers
Rising Stars, Business Litigation, 2018-2023
The Best Lawyers in America
Ones to Watch - Commercial Litigation, 2021-2023
Ones to Watch - Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, 2022, 2023