- Represented nationally recognized law professors in filing an amicus brief to the Texas Supreme Court explaining the contours of the "ministerial exception" to liability for churches in cases in which clergy sue for work-related torts or other claims.
- Successfully represented FCA in a one-week trial involving a dealer's wrongful termination claim under Texas statute, resulting in an 81-page favorable proposed decision at the trial level.
- Won an arbitration award for future oil and gas royalties valued between $70,000,000 and $100,000,000 in a David v. Goliath case against a multinational oil company.
- Won summary judgment for Michelin in a case alleging that Michelin and General Motors conspired to exclude the plaintiff from participation in The American Le Mans racing series.
- Obtained summary judgment from a Texas district court in a case alleging WTO's client, a life insurance company, committed fraud and violated consumer protection laws.
- Co-managed with one other law firm the response to requests from 418 dealers for arbitration relating to the bankruptcy of Chrysler Group LLC and following Chrysler's termination of those dealerships. WTO litigated 187 of these Section 747 arbitrations, and, as directed by Congress, resolved all of the litigation within seven months--with a 96% success rate.
- Successfully represented a construction management company in a large, public housing development dispute in Texas.
- Won affirmance by the Texas Court of Appeals of a lower court decision granting summary judgment to Ford on federal preemption of a no-airbag claim.
Alex R. BransfordView Bio
Bryan D. CrossView Bio
Robert R. McLeodView Bio
Habib NasrullahView Bio
Daniel N. NightingaleView Bio
Stephanie A. ReedyView Bio
Natalie WestView Bio
Malcolm E. WheelerView Bio
Judith Pace YoungmanView Bio