Bar and Court Admissions
Clarissa Collier represents sophisticated clients in high-stakes personal injury, healthcare professional liability and commercial litigation matters. She is an experienced and effective advocate for clients, including at trial, where she has established her skill to lead at any phase.
In addition to her litigation practice, Clarissa brings extensive experience handling white collar cases and investigations. She has conducted independent internal investigations to minimize clients’ legal exposure and has responded to federal and state government investigations.
Clarissa is listed as a Colorado Rising Star, and was the recipient of the prestigious Gary McPherson Award for Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year in 2016.
Healthcare Professional Liability
- Successfully represented Universal Health Services as second chair in a negligence jury trial involving alleged patient-on-patient sexual assault in a mental health facility. The case settled favorably after close of the evidence and prior to closing statements.
- Won summary judgment for Crestone Peak Resources against Boulder County in a case involving an attempt to invalidate a key oil and gas lease that would have materially impacted Crestone's $600 million investment, thereby clearing a major hurdle to significant future development.
- Obtained $2.3 million summary judgment in federal court in Utah for a Fortune 500 financial institution enforcing its rights as a creditor against a corporate debtor.
- Solo-chaired a fraud and negligent misrepresentation jury trial in federal court in Colorado arising from a business dispute.
- Represented a school district on a pro bono basis in a high-profile lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of the Colorado school finance system.
- Favorably settled a string of premises liability cases for a franchisor of more than 350 fast food restaurants.
- Favorably settled a negligence case for a de minimis amount for a state sanctioned rodeo.
Investigations & Compliance
- Represented an oil and gas developer in responding to a multi-agency securities investigation involving the Securities Exchange Commission and several state securities boards and divisions.
- Conducted an internal investigation for a Fortune 500 holding company for various life insurance companies and investment firms relating to a former employee's allegations of retaliation, discrimination and violations of the Securities Exchange Act.
- Represented a major defense service contractor in voluntarily disclosing potential export controls and trade sanctions violations to the Departments of State, Commerce, and Treasury.
- Represented a defense service contractor in response to a Department of Justice investigation involving alleged Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations.
Publications & Speaking Engagements
2014 Associates Campaign for Justice—"May I See Your ID?," The Colorado Lawyer, Vol. 43, No. 4 (April 2014).
"Exploring the Limits of the In Pari Delicto Defense," ABI Young and New Members Committee eNewsletter, Vol. 10, No. 2 (March 2012).
Holland & Hart LLP
Legal Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Colorado Rising Stars
Business Litigation, 2019-2020
Gary McPherson Award for Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year, 2016
Colorado Lawyers Committee Team of the Year Award
Lobato Litigation, 2012
American Bar Association
Delegate to the ABA House of Delegates
Colorado Bar Association, Board of Governors
Denver Bar Association
Faculty of Federal Advocates
Sam Cary Bar Association
Legal Aid Foundation of Colorado
Board of Trustees, 2017-2018
Associates Advisory Board, Co-Chair, 2015-2017
Community Memberships, Activities, and Honors
Ray of Hope Cancer Foundation, Vice Chair of Board of Directors
Downtown Denver Leadership Program
Enjoying the great outdoors, listening to live music, traveling, and watching the Denver Broncos